Physical Book Vs. eBook



Reading.  We all do it. You're doing it right now.  I'm doing it as I'm writing this post.  The fact is we all read at least one thing everyday.  I've gotten into reading books quite a lot lately,  and I'm the type of person who prefers a Physical book to hold and read from, and I'm the same with taking notes for things or anything that involves me to write something down.  Don't get me wrong using a kindle app is great it just seems to take away the novelty of reading and everything that comes with it like: going to a bookstore or library, being able to showcase all the wonderful covers on a bookshelf, and probably other things that don't come to mind right now.  So I thought I would share with you some Pros and Cons for both Physical and eBooks.



Physical Books

Pros...
  • You can display them on a bookshelf
  • You can flip through the pages
  • The feel of each cover is different
  • you can see how much further you have to read

Cons...
  • They can be big and heavy
  • You might not be able to carry multiple around with you 
  • You need to hands to hold the book so you can multitask when reading (Multitask = Eating, drinking)
  • Can be expensive
  • Have to wait a while for them to be delivered if you order them 



eBook

Pros...
  • Can carry lots of books with you without taking up lots of space
  • Its Lighter than a book
  • You don't really need to use you hands to hold the book or turn pages witch gives you the ability to multitask
  • They can be cheaper
  • Instant buy and read
  • Convenient for travelling
Cons...
  • You can't display the covers/ books on a bookshelf
  • You can physically flip the pages
  • All books feel the same

So even though the eBook is a more convenient way of reading I still prefer actually having a physical book to read from, although when go away on holiday or if I'm just going somewhere where I am limited on space I will use my kindle app.


Which do you prefer, Physical or eBook?? Is there anything you would add/ remove from my lists??

  

Comments

Popular Posts